Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Student Motivation FTW!

Hello Hello!!!

I am so pumped! I have been spending A LOT of time in my classroom this summer...like so much that I have had to sneak in sometimes. But all the work has put me so much more at ease as I get ready for my first year.

One of my little projects this week were these super easy motivation "posters." I have always been a sucker for motivational and inspiring quotes. So much so that when I was going into 7th grade, and chatting on AIM with my friends, I was googling quotes and copying them into word. Each quote got its own font, and then was cut out and stuck to my locker. I think another example of this was probably the best year I had in school when the classroom was COVERED in motivational posters. I quoted one in my teacher interview and it came off as very impressive. Thank you Mrs. M from third grade!!

Anywho. At the beginning of summer I made the trek to heaven Ikea and picked up these awesome little frames for 99 cents each! Their two sided and can be moved anywhere in the room.
Next, I took to Pinterest and printed out several pretty quotes that I felt were a good fit for the second grade maturity level, that promoted being a good person and the value of education. I cut them out (I just kinda guessed a sized...) along with a piece of cardstock the size of the plastic.


Now this is so easy and so low tech. I din't want this project to be more complicated than it needed to be :)


Then here comes the best part...peeling the film off the plastic!! And its on both sides of both plastic piece! YAY!

After that, its just piecing it all together...


And then sliding it in...
And then twisting on the bottom stand!
I love this little things so much! Its amazing when little things make the biggest difference. I plan on placing these around the heavily used areas of the room, or even on a desk for someone who needs it.
I just love it!!

Adios Contaminos!
And you know I mean contaminos in the nicest way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment