Sunday, June 21, 2015

These are a Few of My Favorite Things


At in-service a few weeks ago, I snapped this picture of a few of my favorite things :)



1. Tervis

I have wanted a Tervis for years. I could never find one that was just"me" though until a trip to our local Academy. The instant I saw it, I knew it had to be mine!! Would you like one? Click here!

2. MacBook Air

I'll be honest with you. I really tried to avoid being an Apple Zombie. I fought hard; trying to convince myself that PC, was better, or that Windows Phones were better. I stayed out of the main stream for years before finally making the switch to the iPhone. I recently purchased the MacBook in January, after collecting Christmas money, selling clothes, getting cash for gift cards, and selling old technology. I was bound and determined! Check out was hilarious as I handed the cashier wads of cash, coupons, and cards- but there's no shame in my game! At the end, my out of pocket expense was less than $300. #winning

One of the best features for me is the AirDrop. Being able to directly send pictures to my computer after editing them in an app is such a time saver!

3. Professional Development &Team Planning

*Nerd Alert* I really do love learning and attending workshops. I take notes like it's nobody's business! On this occasion we were learning out to develop PBL lessons from another local elementary school. It was so awesome to be able to learn from teachers who are still in the classroom,  and essentially just down the road (or in this case, highway). 

As a new teacher, I am still getting to know my team and how they work together. After sitting in with them, I can't believe how lucky I am to be with such a creative, driven, and truly wonderful group of women. To Say that I am excited for fall is an understatement!

4. Chocolate

In the very back, in a little bowl, there is a variety of choices that our awesome principal sets out for us at every meeting. She really gets us. I would have to say that Reese's is my absolute favorite, but it's hard turn anything else down!

5. Sticky Notes

I don't think this needs much explanation...
*says silent prayer in gratitude to Romy and Michele*


There ya go! A few of my favorite things. What are the little things that make you happy?

Later Gator,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment