Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Desk Debacle

This is my desk today. 
This is my desk today with a tall coffee mug, two water bottles, and a hippo on it. 
This is my desk today with two professional books and a teacher's manual on it. 
This is my desk today with my planner, meeting notebook, and brain/clipboard on it. 
This is my desk today with lesson plans open, box tops forms that need to be turned in, and an encouraging note from coworkers on it.

This is my desk.
This desk is a sign of success.  
This messy desk shows that I did not sit there all day. 
This unorganized desk shows that I was a good teacher today.

I have given and received nearly 50 hugs today.
I have changed a lesson on the fly to better suit my learners today.
I have monitored my struggling babies, and given them encouragement at just the right moment(s).
I have dried a waterfall of tears today.
I have sung Frozen with my kiddos as we worked on projects today.

I have been a teacher today.

I will clean my desk tonight, come in fresh tomorrow, and mess it up again.

I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment