Saturday, September 19, 2015

G - I love that letter!

Last week we focused on the two sounds of G in your Word Study. To really make the hard g (guh) and the soft g (/j/) stick, I found this awesome blast from the past!


I love finding songs that fit in with the curriculum! It just makes it so much easier for the brain to retain. I even use it for giving directions! If I tell the class, "Alright guys, turn to page 81" it becomes such a struggle.  But If I sing it, the whole class becomes my back up vocals and we jam until everyone is settled. Just another way to turn the little things into little spots of fun :)

To practice writing these words we used GEL PENS! This simple tool made writing our spelling words the best thing ever! 

"Hey! Mrs. Serio! Gel is a g word too!"

*bingo*



We also broke out the shaving cream. I remember doing this in school and it was always the funnest thing and made our desks super clean! In this, the learners had to sort their words based on if it was a hard g or a soft g. If they messed up, no worries! A little rub and it's gone :) 




To give a grade, I just snapped a quick picture of everyone desk with their name tag visible. Yay for paperless assessment!!


1 comment: